How our Pricing Works
When you make contact with us, we will give you a cost estimate for your transaction based on the specific information you provide to us about your sale/purchase.
Our fixed fees for a standard freehold property sale or purchase start at £595 +VAT and Disbursements for a straight-forward transaction.
Our conveyancing fixed fees are based upon certain assumptions as follows:
- Correspondence (including telephone calls) between us is kept to the minimum that is reasonably necessary during the course of a standard transaction
- The information that you have supplied to us regarding the transaction is complete and accurate with no changes during the course of the transaction
However, please bear in mind that a number of factors (individually or in combination) will increase the cost. These factors include:
- If the property is Leasehold
- If the property is freehold but subject to involvement of a management company
- If the property is a new build property
- The price you are buying/selling at
- If the property is unregistered at HM Land Registry or held under multiple title numbers or the title is defective/unusually complex
- If you are buying/selling with a mortgage
- If the property is shared ownership
- If you are using a help to buy scheme
- If you are buying/selling at auction
- If there are multiple charges registered against the property
- If you are using a bridging loan
- If there is a transfer of part involved
- If the property is subject to any tenancies
- If there is a mortgagee in possession
- That the property is not subject to any dispute(s)
- That the property is not being sold as part of a divorce settlement
- That there are no issues stemming from a breach of contract by any parties in the chain that need to be resolved after completion
Where the above assumptions are not met (and in particular should your matter become protracted or unusually complex) then we reserve the right to make additional charges in order to reflect the additional time that is required to progress your transaction.
During the course of your transaction, we will always advise you promptly about any unexpected complications which have arisen and we will discuss the cost implications before any additional charges are incurred.
Sale – what our work includes/excludes
- Applying to Land Registry for Title Deeds
- Preparing draft contract pack
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by the buyer’s Solicitors
- Agreeing the terms of the contract.
- Once we are satisfied that all matters have been properly dealt with reporting to you with the contract for signature.
- Agreeing a completion date and exchanging contracts.
- Arranging the repayment of any mortgages/charges
- Paying the estate agent their commission
- Accounting to you for the net sales proceeds
Our estimate of fees is purely on the basis of acting on your behalf and will not include additional work required for paying off any mortgages and/or loans secured against your property. This company is on the panel of a number of lenders who may or may not choose to instruct us to act for them. In the event this company is so instructed, our fees for acting for each lender will be borne by you. Our estimated fees for acting for your lender will be £175 +VAT for each lender.
If the property is leasehold, it will be necessary to obtain up to date service charge information from the freeholder/management company/managing agent. There will usually be a charge by the freeholder/management company/managing agent for providing the information which can be a few hundred pounds and you will be required to cover this cost either by contacting and paying them direct or by putting us in funds so we can send payment to them in return for the information pack.
Our cost for the additional work in dealing with the subsequent enquiries that will follow from the buyer’s solicitors will be £195 +VAT.
Purchase – what our work includes/excludes
- Obtaining information from your seller’s solicitors.
- Checking that the sellers have good Title.
- Making enquiries of the seller.
- Agreeing the terms of the contract.
- Once we are satisfied that all matters have been properly dealt with, reporting to you with the contract for signature.
- Agreeing a completion date, obtaining the deposit and exchanging contracts.
- We will also calculate any additional monies required from you and arrange to complete your purchase.
- Once completion has taken place, we will deal with payment of Stamp Duty (your Stamp Duty will be a cost you have to bear in addition to our legal costs and VAT) and Land Registry formalities (the Land Registry Fee will be a cost you have to bear in addition to our legal costs and VAT) and, following registration, we will provide you with a copy of your title for your safe-keeping.
If you are purchasing with the use of a mortgage then we are required to undertake relevant searches to ensure that your lender is made aware of any problems or potential problems that could affect their decision to proceed with the loan. Searches may include but are not limited to:
- Local Authority Search
- Groundsure Homebuyers Environment Search
- Groundsure Planning Search
- Chancel Check indemnity insurance policy
The cost of a search pack usually ranges between £350 to £395. The cost of searches may increase if additional searches are required. If you are not purchasing with the use of mortgage funds then you are free to choose whether you wish to have searches ordered however we do always advise our clients to put all searches in place.
If you require any further information or would like to contact us for a costs estimate please call our conveyancing team on:
Gatwick: 01293 771 521 (Option 1)
Reigate: 01737 22 11 52
Mayfair: 020 3170 7045
Our Horley & Reigate offices cover the following areas:
Horley, Epsom, Esher, Guildford, Woking, Leatherhead, Dorking, Banstead, Kingswood, Purley, Croydon, Sutton, Coulsdon, Tadworth, Caterham, Oxted, Godstone, Redhill, Reigate, Gatwick, Crawley, Lingfield, East Grinstead, West Grinstead, Horsham, Forest Row, Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, Orpington, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Worthing, Brighton, Lewes, Uckfield, Eastbourne
Our Mayfair office covers the following areas:
Mayfair, Marylebone, Fitzrovia, Holborn, Covent Garden, St James’s, Westminster, Pimlico, Victoria, Soho, Hyde Park, Hyde Park Corner, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Paddington, Euston, St John’s Wood, Notting Hill, Bayswater, Camden, Hampstead, Angel, Islington, Isle of Dogs, Canary Wharf, Clapham, Clapham Junction, Clapham Common, Balham, Kennington, Barbican, Kings Cross, Maida Vale, Knightsbridge, Chelsea, Chelsea Harbour, Kensington, South Kensington, West Kensington, Fulham, Fulham Broadway, Green Park, Southwark, Belgravia, Bloomsbury, Finsbury, Pentonville, Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus, Barbican, St Pauls, Gray;s Inn, Lincoln’s Inn, Temple, Battersea, Battersea Park, Nine Elms, Holland Park, Earl’s Court, West Brompton, Parsons Green, Putney, Hammersmith, Waterloo, Vauxhall, Wandsworth, South Lambeth, Southfields, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, South Wimbledon, Roehampton, Barnes, Richmond, Sheen